At air events global we love everything about Christmas and entertaining and have collated 5 of our very favourite Christmas recipes to get you in the festive season!
If you need any event or hospitality help with your work or home Christmas parties, simply post any job or task for free on www.aireventsglobal.com or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. #christmas2018
Brocolli and Brussel Sprout Christmas Salad
- 1 CUP (70G) RED QUINOA
- 2 CUP (160ML) WATER
- 1 TEASPOON FINELY GRATED LEMON RIND
- 500G BABY BROCCOLI+, TRIMMED
- 350G BRUSSELS SPROUTS, HALVED
- 2 CLOVES GARLIC, THINLY SLICED
- SEA SALT AND CRACKED BLACK PEPPER
- ¼ CUP (60ML) EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 250G HALOUMI, CHOPPED
- 2 CUPS RED VEIN SORREL LEAVES
- 1 TABLESPOON LEMON JUICE
- 2 TABLESPOONS EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 1 TEASPOON HONEY
- Place the quinoa, water and lemon rind in a medium saucepan over medium heat and bring to the boil. Cover with a lid, reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside, covered, for 5 minutes.
- While the quinoa is cooking, preheat grill (broiler) to high. Place the baby broccoli, Brussels sprouts, garlic, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons oil on a large oven tray and toss to combine. Cook, turning halfway, for 8–10 minutes or until charred. Place the haloumi on a second tray and toss with the remaining oil. Cook, turning halfway, for 6–8 minutes or until golden. Place the cooked quinoa, broccolini, Brussels sprouts, haloumi and sorrel leaves in a large bowl.
- To make the dressing, place the lemon juice, oil, honey and pepper in a small bowl and mix to combine. Pour the dressing over the salad and gently toss to combine. Divide between bowls and serve. Serves 4.
Vanilla Star Christmas Pudding Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 125G UNSALTED BUTTER, CHOPPED AND SOFTENED
- ½ CUP (110G) CASTER (SUPERFINE) SUGAR
- 1 EGG
- 2 TEASPOONS VANILLA EXTRACT
- 1½ CUPS (225G) PLAIN (ALL-PURPOSE) FLOUR, SIFTED
- 4 LITRES STORE-BOUGHT VANILLA ICE-CREAM, SOFTENED
- 300G STORE-BOUGHT CHRISTMAS PUDDING, CHOPPED
- 1 TABLESPOON BRANDY
- To make the pudding ice-cream, working in 2 batches, place the ice-cream in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on low speed until softened. Add the Christmas pudding and brandy and mix to combine. Press the ice-cream mixture into a 25cm x 35cm slice tin lined ?with non-stick baking paper and freeze for 2 hours.
- While the ice-cream is freezing, place the butter ?and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 8–10 minutes or until pale and creamy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat for 2–3 minutes or until well combined. Add the flour and beat until a smooth dough forms. Roll the dough out between 2 sheets of non-stick baking paper to 4mm thick and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Use a 6cm star cookie cutter to cut out 24 stars, re-rolling the dough if necessary. Place the stars on 2 lightly greased baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper. Cook for 12–15 minutes or until dry to the touch. Set aside to cool on the trays for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
- Using the same cutter, cut out stars from the ice-cream and sandwich with the biscuits. Freeze until ready to serve. Makes 12.
Vodka Christmas Punch
- 1 SMALL BULB FENNEL, THINLY SLICED
- ½ CUP (125ML) VODKA
- ¼ CUP (60ML) OUZO+
- 125G FRESH BLUEBERRIES
- ¼ CUP (55G) CASTER (SUPERFINE) SUGAR
- 1 CUP (80ML) LEMON JUICE
- CRUSHED ICE, TO SERVE
- 1 LITRE (4 CUPS) LEMONADE
- Place the fennel, vodka and ouzo in a bowl and set aside for 1 hour.
- Place the blueberries and sugar in a bowl and lightly crush with a fork. Set aside for 1 hour.
Place the fennel mixture, blueberries, lemon juice, ice and lemonade in a 1.5 litre-capacity (6 cups) jug and stir to combine. Makes 1.25 litres (5 cups).
Fennel, Slow Roasted Christmas Pork
- 1 5KG PORK SHOULDER, BONE-IN, SKIN ON
- 1 TABLESPOON EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 1 TEASPOON GROUND BLACK PEPPER
- 2 TEASPOONS FENNEL SEEDS, CRUSHED
- ½ TEASPOON CORIANDER SEEDS, CRUSHED
- ¼ CUP (30G) SEA SALT FLAKES
- 4 STRIPS LEMON RIND
- 4 SMALL BULBS FENNEL, TRIMMED AND SLICED 2CM THICK
- ¼ CUP (90G) HONEY
- 2 CUPS (500ML) WHITE WINE
- 1 CUP (250ML) WATER
- Using a sharp knife, score the pork skin in 1cm intervals. Place the pork, skin-side up, in a large, deep-sided oven tray. Rub the pork with the oil, wrap the bone with non-stick baking paper and aluminium foil and set aside. Place the pepper, fennel seeds and coriander seeds in a mortar and coarsely grind with a pestle. Add the salt and mix to combine. Rub the spice mixture into the pork and set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Cook the pork for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 180°C (350°F) and cook for a further 1 hour 30 minutes. Remove the pork from the pan. Add the lemon, fennel, honey, wine and water and return the pork to the pan.
- Increase oven temperature to 220°C (425°F). Cook for 45 minutes or until the skin is crisp and the fennel is tender. Remove from the oven and set aside to rest for 10 minutes. Serve with the fennel and pan juices. Serves 8–10.
Frozen Christmas Pudding
- ½ CUP (110G) CASTER (SUPERFINE) SUGAR
- 1 CUP (250ML) WATER
- ½ CUP (85G) CURRANTS
- ¾ CUP (100G) SWEETENED DRIED CRANBERRIES
- 2 LITRES VANILLA ICE-CREAM
- 2 TEASPOONS VANILLA BEAN PASTE
- 1 TEASPOON CINNAMON
- 85G UNSALTED SHELLED PISTACHIOS, CHOPPED
- ¼ CUP (60ML) BRANDY
BLACKBERRIES AND RASPBERRIES, TO SERVE
- ICING (CONFECTIONER’S) SUGAR, FOR DUSTING
- Place the sugar and water in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until sugar is dissolved. Bring to the boil for 1 minute.
- Place the currants and cranberries in a bowl and pour over the sugar mixture. Set aside for 10 minutes or until the fruit is plump. Drain and allow to cool completely.
- Place the ice-cream, vanilla and cinnamon in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 1 minute or until softened. Stir through the current mixture, pistachios and brandy and spoon into a 1.75 litre-capacity pudding basin lined with muslin. Top with a round of non-stick baking paper and freeze for 4 hours or overnight until set. Top with berries and dust with icing sugar. Serves 8–10.